Did your baby take a pacifier? If so, how long?

My little girl took a pacifier off and on for the first 2 wks, and then she decided she didn't want to have anything to do with it. Lol. She would suck on it for about 10 seconds then spit it out. She's 4 months old and still hates them. Hey, that's one thing I won't have to break her from in the future, lol.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 9:32 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used a pacifier in the winter when she couldn't get a hand in her mouth. By the time a child walks, the pacifier should be gone.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:13 PM on May. 8, 2009

• he stopped at 2 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:33 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Mine stopped around 2 months too.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:35 AM on May. 8, 2009

• They gave our daughter one at birth because she wanted to eat all the time and by 3 days old she was off of them because I didn't want her having one at all.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:41 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Daughter number one till she was 8 months old then just dropped it one day and never touched it again!!! daughter number two never used one she wouldnt suck em
    MomaKel

Answer by MomaKel at 9:43 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My daughter took hers from birth to about 13 months (only for sleep)

Around that tiem she had gotten sick and couldn't breath through her nose so she would try to take it and would spit it out once she couldn't breath. After that she never showed any interest in it again so I put them all away and that was that.

It was nice because I was gearing up to wean her from them anyways...I don't think she would have gicen me a problem since she only used it at bedtime but it was one less thing I had to tackle. What a lucky break!
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 9:52 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Mine used one fron birth until 23 and 1/2 months. I weaned him from it then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:53 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My daughter is 5 1/2 months old and I have been giving it to her since birth. But lately she hasn't been wanting it so much. She just spits it out and plays with it as in puts in her mouth and take it's out. I hope she gives it up soon, if by 11 months she's not off it I'm going to ween her off it.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:59 AM on May. 8, 2009

• We didn't want out daughter to use one but when she was in the nursery the nurses gave her one even though it said NOT to right next to her on her basinet. She was hooked. She is 10 months now and doesn't want it all the time anymore but still uses it at night.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 1:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My oldest son would probably still have the thing if we didn't take it from him! LOL He was about a year when we finally made him give it up. The youngest one really didn't care either way. If it was around and available, he'd suck on it. If not, no big deal.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 1:50 PM on May. 8, 2009