Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about hubbys

Okay when my dh was a little kid his mom remarried and his step-dad beat him his brother and his sister a lot!!! he used to pick themup and throw them around like it was nothing..well his brother moved outta the house and started doing drugs and getting into a lotta trouble.. his sister then moved out and join the coast gaurd but is still having issuses with her husband ((her past is coming back)) and my hubby ((i lov ehim so much)) needs help i dont want us ending up like everyone else in his family divorced and unhappy we have 2 little girls together whom love their daddy very much and he finally admitted today he needs help!!! he has adhd and i think he may be bipolar and he needs anger managment but i dunno how we r goin to pay for alll of that becaus eour insurance wont pay for anger mamnagment or bipolar meds


Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • If he can get diagnosed with bi-polar and adhd he will likely qualify for disability and would get the insurance thru that and I know for a fact they cover those two things.
    It's good that he recognizes he has a problem. I'd be calling the dr to get him diagnosed and go from there (dr can get some of the paperwork started for you on the disability I think).
    If he has either of those two things, he needs help because neither heal themselves and there's also the risk of your child having them too so you'll know what to watch for with them.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:36 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • maybe go to your dhs office and ask if they can help find you free or cheap services?

    Answer by saralouise at 10:11 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Will it pay for counciling? Most insurances do. If nothing else get him in to see a therapist. Working through his past will probably solve all the other issues.

    Good luck, my husband is kind of similar except he represses everything because of what happened to him. Just keep loving him, keep telling him how much he means to you and get him some help.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 10:12 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Even if you don't go to church, most larger churches will offer free or extremely reduced counseling (many have a licensed/degreed counselor on staff), you might also call Children Youth and Families department in your city, they will have some options available.

    Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:38 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Thanks for the help yeah my daughter is allready showing signs of havin adhd and her doctor said they cant really diagnosis it untill shes older but that most likly what shes got!!! im makin and appointment for the hubby today!!!

    Answer by MomaKel at 10:42 AM on May. 8, 2009