I need some opinions/advice.

Ok... I have PCOS and have the Mirena IUD. I have had it for almost four years. I do not have a period at all. My husband and I want to have more children, but not yet. I am really scared that I am not going to be able to have more kids because of the PCOS and no period. I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this? I've also heard some horror stories about women having the Mirena and becoming infertile. I'm probably working myself up for nothing, but I'm worried, and I want more babies. Thanks ladies!!

AnnHenderson

Asked by AnnHenderson at 10:11 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Health

• Sorry, I can't help you but I just wanted to wish you luck. Have you talked to your OB/GYN about your concerns and feelings?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My husband is in the Navy so I don't see an OB/GYN I would like to get a referral to one though. I'm going to see my PCM on Wednesday though. I was just hoping there was someone out there with experience. Thank you for you thoughts though, very nice of you!!! :-)
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 10:55 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Are you on Tricare Prime? I've had horrible luck with the doctors on base especially when it comes to gynecological issues. Think about switching to Standard and I can almost guarantee you'll get the answers you need. Good Luck!
    meghanflint

Answer by meghanflint at 10:57 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My sister in law had an IUD for 5 years. She also wanted another child after she took it out she was pregnant within a year. My cousin has one too and she does not get her period. I myself don't no from my own experience, but i hope this helps. Good Luck.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Yeah I have prime... I'm gonna ask my PCM if she will refer me to a OB/GYN. I hope she does. I like my PCM but I want someone who is an expert not just general practice.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:13 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Get a diapharm. No side effects and instantly reversable.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 PM on May. 8, 2009