Why is it perfectly acceptable for someone to ask why atheists don't believe in God, but it's 'sad and pathetic' when someone asks why Christians don't believe in faeries?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:12 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because ignorance abounds about religious beliefs other than Christianity in this country.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:13 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Get off the computer and go feed the faeries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 8, 2009

• No body likes a taste of their own medicine.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:17 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Because the person who thinks it's "sad and pathetic" is a Christian, and therefore owns her own patch of holiness where everybody who believes something different from herself is wrong.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 8, 2009

• WOW, what did I miss?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:18 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Wouldn't it be funny if we came to the "Pearly Gates" only to find Tinkerbelle sitting on the throne? Cait & Sabrina... poor girls... you'd probably bust a gut! lol
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:23 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I belive that faeries (or fairies' no matter how you want to spell it) exist and i notice that to. If it is something that isn't said specifically in the bible, then it is automatically either evil or doesn't exist. Do I tell them they are childish and stupid for blaming things on the devil or demons that they don't understand? No, I just explain I don't believe in that and move on.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:24 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Well, according to the answer most christians get, it's not okay to ask why others don't believe in God. Atheists and other non-christians who answer those questions usually say more demeaning things than "sad and pathetic" to the one asking why they don't believe. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it goes both ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Everyone is entitled to their opinions, no matter how different. However, we should do so in a respectful manner at all times.
    MrsLaher

Answer by MrsLaher at 10:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I know there are Christians out there who seriously don't understand atheists because they have never been exposed (knowingly) to any. It gets annoying, but I answer most of the questions honestly. If I don't feel like it, I just don't. Why is it that Christians can't have the same courtesy? Why is it not a valid question to ask why you believe in your god and other "supernatural" occurrences associated with Christianity, and not others? Paganism and other religions are serious religions, just like yours. So why can't you seriously tell us why you don't believe them????
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:35 AM on May. 8, 2009