Is his weight fine?

My son is 2 1/2 months old, he weighs 17.2 pounds. Some people tell me he is too fat. He doesn't look too fat to me. He is a breastfed only baby. He is also healthy. His pediatrician seems fine with his weight. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your doctor isn't worried then you shouldn't be either
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:16 AM on May. 8, 2009

• If the doc isn't worried then neither should you, but he is a chunk. Most babies gain around 4 pounds between birth and 2 mos. If he is hungry then let him eat that is what they do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:21 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My son was 22lbs when he was 6 months old, he was a massive CHUNK, sooo cute!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:28 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Don't worry about it. My son was 17 pounds at 2 1/2 months as well. I loved having a big chunk for a baby. He gained more weight and leveled out at 28 pounds at about 11 months, now he is 13 1/2 months and still 28 pounds, just getting taller now! Your little one will grow into his chunky lil body :) Tell anyone that says he is too fat to mind their own business and not to worry about your thriving little ham!!
    FrankiesMa08

Answer by FrankiesMa08 at 10:41 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I feel sorry for you -- having to carry all that weight already! He's fine! Once he starts moving around more, and crawling and walking, it'll even out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Awww I love chunky monkeys! He's fine!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:16 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I think he's fine, plus his doctor wouldn't lie if he was concerned about his weight. Me on the other have a skinny baby LOL. She's 5 1/2 months and she went to see the doctor at 5 months and she only weighed 15lbs 4oz.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:12 PM on May. 8, 2009

• As long as your son's doctor is ok with it, its fine. I always said it wasn't fat, it was potential energy! I bet he is a beautiful little fatty!!
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 12:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Sounds like a happy healthy breastfed baby to me! He will slim down as he gets older. My first was a very big baby, close to that size at that age, EBF, and now he is a tall skinny 8 yr old!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:36 PM on May. 8, 2009