Why is my son so quick to hit???

He is 6 years old and still has trouble with his impulses. I have taken him to doctors, etc. Nothing is wrong. He does well with constant reminders but in school if someone bothers him he will hit them or push them right away and become very angry. We have done everything to try and help him and teach him the right way to handle his anger. Anyone else with this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Put him in counseling for anger management, I did this with my son and it helped a lot. I couldn't tell you why your son hits so much or gets angry so much. My son was that way because of his idiot father that never did what he promised.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:20 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Does he have a person in his life that does this? Other then that I might try the anger management.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• my son is 15 and still does the same thing he started at 6 yrs.of age. the reason my son does it is because he has soooo much anger built up inside. he says when he hit someone or something it feels great. i have put him in anger management. didn't work. he is now in counsling. he hasn't blown up in awhile. he will get his friend and they will box. boxing is another thing that has helped him.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 5:42 PM on May. 9, 2009