Potty Training???

my daughter Lilly is almost two and i have another daughter Nicole whos almost 1 and Lilly will not potty on he potty at all like she did a few times and was gettin into it but she keeps going back and putting ona daiper could i be becasue her babysister is still in diapers?? We have tryed m&ms and rewards and everything when we say something about being a big girl she turns around and says baby!!! im so at my point where i dunno wut to do anymore should i just wait and potty train them both at the same time??

MomaKel

Asked by MomaKel at 10:24 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest daughter was 2 1/2 when she was potty trained. She had a 6 month old sister. It didn't take as long for the second because she had a big sister to learn from. Good luck!
    alr626

Answer by alr626 at 10:42 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Sounds like she isn't ready...Wait and just keep the option available..Also try leaving her naked so that when she pees down her leg she understands whats going on...(most this only takes a couple times) When she pees down her leg tell her she peed and put her on the potty and tell her that is where she should pee.... GL
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:33 AM on May. 8, 2009

• i have tryed that and she doesnt mind when she wet or anything she knows its supposed to go in the potty cuz after she pees she goes to it and says pee but she just doesnt want to i guess i dont kno
    MomaKel

Answer by MomaKel at 10:36 AM on May. 8, 2009

• She is WAY TOO YOUNG! Just wait until she is closer to 2 and 1/2. It will be easier. I promise. Most kids are not trained before 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on May. 8, 2009

• You just have to wait until she is ready. My daughter has been going on the potty since 18 months but not consistantly. When she turned two I tried everything to get her to be out of diapers, but she physically was not ready. She would pee on the potty and then pee in her pants 10 minutes later. She could not control those muscles. I stopped trying and then one day she said I have to potty and now she is pretty much trained. I know you want her out of daipers but it's better to just wait, it'll be easier when she's ready. Good Luck.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:43 AM on May. 8, 2009