my son just turned one, and started whole milk. has anyone expereinced a big mood change when going through the same thing?

My son is usually very happy and goes with the flow, but since he started milk, he's been cranky and very sensitive. Any advice?

aslh

Asked by aslh at 10:43 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Might not beable to tolerate the milk try soy...If that doesn't change anything call your pedi
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:46 AM on May. 8, 2009

• His tummy may be hurting adjusting to the milk, or he may have a slight lactose intolerance. For a 24 hour period write down how son acts, and at what times, and how much milk he is gettign and when, then call his doctor and talk to a nurse or make an appt for him. Thats the only way to help figure it out. :o) good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:46 AM on May. 8, 2009

• my son did this - although we wouldn't have noticed much of a mood change since he was a crabby kid anyway but I know at night time he wouldn't sleep so we switched to soy and it made all the difference in the world, then I lessened the dairy and he became happier in the daytime and started stooling for the first tiem with out help..yay!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:23 PM on May. 8, 2009