Just tylonal or both?

Last time my Daughter was sick the nurse on call told me to give her both tylonal and motrin but her fever was almost 103. She had 100 fever yesterday and I gave her tylonal. it went back down...this morning its at 101 so I gave her another dose of tylonal but should I go ahead and give her motrin too? She had already had a doc appt scheduled for today which turned out to be perfect timing! But ya what do you think about the meds? Thank you!

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 10:48 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can alternate both. It will help keep the fever at bay.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:20 AM on May. 8, 2009

• You can give both if needed. I usually do Motrin first for a high fever because it works better and Tylenol second if it doesn't come down. But if you childs temp doesn't come down under 101 with Tylenol I would give motrin... otherwise just wait until it starts going up again.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:51 AM on May. 8, 2009

• It usually works better if u alternate as long as she's over 6 months.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:52 AM on May. 8, 2009

• You should not give her both. I think the nurse meant to rotate between tylenol and mortin, do not give it to her at the same time. I beleive tylenol is every 4 hrs. and mortin is every 6 hrs. but it says it on the box so read it first. Start with one of them wait the 4 or how many hours then give her the other one. You don't want to give her too much at one time you could overdose her. Good luck, i hope she gets better soon.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 10:54 AM on May. 8, 2009

• You have to alternate Tylenol and Motrin. I know how to alternate the two but you need to call the nurse for instructions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 8, 2009