Gay Couples vs Straight Couples in the procreation argument...

IF your argument against homosexual marriage is procreation based... ( Gays can't breed w/ eachother) then why should infertile couples be allowed to marry?

By that way of thinking anyone that isn't going to be able to have children for whatever reason shouldn't be allowed to marry. Right?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• that's not MY reason for being against gay marriage
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:56 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Then the question wasn't for you... What is your reason?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 AM on May. 8, 2009

• You can poke a hole through any reason some one comes up with for why gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry. I think it is time people swallow their pill called pride and get over this stupidity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 8, 2009

• it's a whole religion thing, i don't expect you to understand
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:03 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Hmmm..... it is a knit-picky argumenteither way. I believe that two men being married is wrong, but that is none of my business. As far as children go.... I don't think two gay men make for a good "Mother and Father". That is my opinion, and I have every right to feel that way. Nothing you say will change my mind about that.... and I won't engage in your petty argument about heterosexual couples that are infertile, because,  If you are a christian, premarital sex is supposed to be a no-no so you wouldn't know whether you are infertile (in most cases) before you take your marriage vows.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:08 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Veronica - We could always test for infertility issues before marriage, no sex involved...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Why should we deside who gets to marry anway, doesn't god judge us all......... So why do WE make it our business???? Just my thoughts on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Okay I made that post and I did not say that it should be the reason that they shouldn't be able to marry. I said I wondered if God intended for there to be a man and a man or a woman and a woman, then why did he make it so that only a man and a woman could make a baby when the Bible clearly states that one of the very reasons for sexual intimacy is to procreate. It is the most important reason for it, it is not the only reason for sex. Also if God intended for same-sex couples than why do some of them desire to have children, yet they can't have any of their own? That seems like it would be cruel and unusual. The question was directed more towards those that would look from a biblical point of view b/c most others would not understand my logic on this. It was basically toward those Christians that believe that homosexuality is not a sin in God's eyes. I was trying to understand their logic. All others' were welcome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 8, 2009

• "Veronica - We could always test for infertility issues before marriage, no sex involved..."

Whatever... like I said... knit-pick...

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:17 AM on May. 8, 2009

• if God intended for same-sex couples than why do some of them desire to have children, yet they can't have any of their own?

Well, like I said on your post. Who sais that God didn't put them here to have someone to care for and love all those children who's parents are able to have their own but then don't want them, hurt them or worse. You are more likely to adopt a child if you don't have your own. Gays can't biologically breed. These kids still need homes. Seems like it works to me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 AM on May. 8, 2009