What if your SO decides to want to take over the "mom" role?

As a woman, yes this has happened to me. I was involved with a two guys (different times of course) that really wanted a committed relationship. But after I agreed, the guy wanted to establish his role position as the "mom". And, the fact that I was to carry the children had no relevance. I dropped the two instantly.

What would you do if your SO decides for you to be the sole breadwinner, not for any detrimental reason, just for a sugar momma?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd let him do it. Mainly because after 1 day he'll be BEGGING to go to work. On a side note, it seems like they think that being "mom" means you sit around, do nothing and mooch. As we all know, that isn't even CLOSE to reality. Trust me, they'll beg to go to work in no time! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:01 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with the father being the primary care of the children BUT if it is because they think it will be the easier of the two jobs and are just too lazy to work that is a problem! I would have dropped them too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 8, 2009

• he can find a new sugar momma!!! it won't be me!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Uuuuummmm. I don't think I would mind that much. Being a SAHM is not that great. My husband and I have actually discussed this. I am going to college to have a hydroponics farm here soon and he said he would have no problem taking care of the kids and helping me with the farm. Men can have sugar mama's. If they deserve it. If they guy really did take care for the house so I could come home and not do a thing yeah that would be fine with me. lol.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:47 AM on May. 8, 2009

• That would never happen. People don't just one day decide to do this. Its got to be something they have either been thinking about awhile or something they have tried to do in the past. Glad you figured that out ahead of time. I have no issue with sahm dads. I have a good friend who just had her 5th baby. She always made more money than him so she worked and he stayed home. It works for them. As for any underlying issues, I don't know but theyve been doing it a long time. Its better than daycare. At least one parent is there to be with the children and though I think mom is best, dads do a pretty darn good job too. It just wouldn't work in my home. My nature is such that I want to be the mother.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I am in no way a sugar mama. My DH is the stay at home parent and manages our apartment buildings. Does that mean he is the "mom" no way! I was the SAHP with our first and then our situation changed and he wanted to focus on our rental business so that we can both eventually quit and be SAHP. It sounds to me that you think being a SAHP is easy and that is so not the case.
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:17

I don't mean to be misinterpreted. For most who mean well, staying at home is a very noble idea. I'm not speaking of the position of a stay-at-home-parent, but of the person's intention. In this case, no children were alive just yet.

~OP
    Anonymous

• We're about to make the switch from me being a SAHM to him being a SAHD and I'll be going back to school, then I'll be the sole breadwinner. It's a good plan for us.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:06 PM on May. 8, 2009