How many months can you give baby fruit puffs (finger foods) from gerber.

My son is 6 1/2 months old and does have any teeth yet but has been teething for about a couple of months. I was wonder if it would be ok to give my son these kinds of snacks now and is it ok to put them in a baby safe feeder or should I wait until he gets some teeth to give him these kinds of snacks.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my son puffs around 6 months because he acted like he wanted to try something new. he's seven and a half months now and eating pieces of banana, mango and avocado because he can mush them up on his own. we have even given him tiny pieces of meat and french fries and pretty much anything else that we eat because he's so interested in food.
    sbailey

Answer by sbailey at 10:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try them, if he eats it and swallows them then you are good. If not, then wait a while and try again in a month or so.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 10:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Has he had any other "solid" food yet (like baby cereal moistened with formula or breastmilk, or strained vegetables)? You should start with foods with a soft consistency first so that he can learn how to manipulate the food from his mouth to his throat. Once he begins to master that, then it is safe to start those kinds of snacks that are more "solid" (even thoughthey dissolve in the mouth). You do not have to wait until he has teeth. :-)
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 10:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Fuit and veggie puffs by gerber will melt in your child's mouth and they test great. Try them with your child and see how they react. The sweet potato puffs were my daughter's first finger food and at 1 she and I still love them.
    EmmieandMom

Answer by EmmieandMom at 10:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• That's when I gave mine some. She does good with them because they melt in her mouth! Also try the crunchies by erber they also dissolve fast. She is picking up the chewing thing great now!
    meghancooper

Answer by meghancooper at 11:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i wouldn't think of all the perseveratives there are in them they say organic but i would cut up bananas and just give them to ur baby like that
    Anonymous

• I gave them to my son when he turned 6 months old. They dissolve so fast that they are safe even though babies dont have teeth.
    Babyboybundle

Answer by Babyboybundle at 1:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• go for it.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 2:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2008