Why can't we all just get along?

Why is it that I see so many posts that have people of different religions fighting with each other. I don't mind debate, I have put my thoughts in on several occations, but not with the venom that I have seen in other posts. Why is it that we have to be at each others throats, do we have to be one way or the other to get along. Do I have to be a christian to be liked by other christians, or visa versa. I feel that I am a good person, so why is it that my "chrisitan" friends will not do anything with me? I don't cuss,drink,do drugs, or anything else that would be offensive for them to be around me, so why? Why is it that when I see them i feel that they are judging me? Or even when I post I feel that I am being judged? isn't that wrong, isn't god the one that judges? So what if the christian girl hangs out with a non christian, is she going to go to hell for it? what are your thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well then they aren't really friends.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:11 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I try very hard to get along. But intollerance to me is discusting. So, I do tend to get deffencive when people start to get proud of have the " I am right, end of story " attitude. In my heart I know my path is right for me. I would never expect someone else to follow my path just because I feel it's right. But when the discussion turns to inntollerance or ignorance I have to step in.

Here's what it all comes down to. You are entitled to your beliefs. You are not entitled to use those beliefs to cause harm. Now, I don't care if you are a radical suicide bomber or just a nasty basher that hides behind the anon button. I will think you are 100% wrong and always stand up for the oppressed! I don't care who you are or what you believe!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:14 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I don't know why people have to fight about religion..Frankly, I don't care what religion you are who what God you believe in..that doesn't make you who you are...NOT TO ME ANYWAY!! Your personality makes you who you are. I was raised by a mother who is a southern baptist and a father is an atheist. I am what some people call agnostic. I don't believe in anything because I have so many questions and the answers I get don't really answer my questions. I believe that when I die I will be in a beautiful place and in the hearts of my loved ones. I am afraid of dying and the unknown. I have too many questions to be considered a Christian and I get bashed for that a lot. I do not look down on my dad for being an atheist because that is what he believes. I do not judge my mother either for believing in what she believes in. We all have the right to believe what ever we want to believe.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:15 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I am a Christian and I have non-Christian friends and they are some of the most beautiful people that I have ever met. We don't always do the same things but I don't judge them because of what they do and they respect me for what I choose not to do. That is all that matters to me.
    PrayzAlphaOmega

Answer by PrayzAlphaOmega at 11:20 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Because intolerance runs both ways, and what I've seen of the non-believers on here, it's their way or the highway, no if's,and's or but's. The very ones yelling and screaming "accept me", "tolerate that I don't believe" are the VERY ones who are posting stupid, ignorant, intolerant bait questions for Christians, simply so they can sit back and laugh, and run around patting each other on the back. Yep, REAL TOLERANT! REAL ACCEPTING! Thanks for letting everyone see your maturity levels. They never ask anything that isn't a baiting question, simply trying to trip up the Christians, so they can say "see, told ya!" How 5 years old is that? Not to mention, that's exactly what the devil wants them to do. They just play right into his hands.
    Anonymous

• bait questions

How many pm's have you received from someone trying to convert you after you answered a non-christian question in a manner indicating you are a christian? Cause I've lost track of how many times I've answered a "why do you believe what you do" only to get some obnoxious email from the OP of the question all about how they're sorry and they'll pray for me.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:20 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Intolerance really DOES go both ways. We all think we know the REAL truth--even I'm guilty of that. You can avoid arguments if you CHOOSE to. The problem is too many people don"t want to do that.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:26 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You talk about getting along and then you launch into a tirade about judgemental Christians. I'm so tired of defending my faith.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• judgemental Christians. I'm so tired of defending my faith.

Why do you feel the need to defend being judgmental?
    Anonymous

• I have plenty of non christian friends. YOu said you FEEL like their judging you and when you post, you FEEL like youre being judged. I m not saying that your not being judged because you very well could be, but sometimes people who are already defensive about it, are much more sensitive to anything that resembles judgment when its really not. If youre okay with who you are and what faith you are, then don't worry about what others are thinking about you. I answer many of these questions with honest, respectful answers from the perspective of my faith. I don't worry about what the non christians are thinking about me. They probably think I am some crazy nut case that talks to God. Well, gosh darn it, I guess I am. It bothers me none. I think confidence in what you believe is very important. Just ignore any hateful or rude comments, christian or not. Not everyone has the self control to keep from judging other peoples faith.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:58 PM on May. 8, 2009