Would you call CPS if a parent only yelled at a child ?

The parent just lost control and just yelled at the child but never hit them would you call CPS and if it only happened once?

Unless I KNEW the kid was actually PHSICALLY abused I would never call CPS most parents end up yelling at thier kids for something that doesn't mean they abuse them .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't think I would. I suppose if it was verbally abusive, ie name calling and belittling, i might, but just plain yelling, nope. We are all human. (By the way, my sister does this to her daughter a lot. I tell her that she should back off. But she just doesn't want to hear it.)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:23 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Our neighbors yell at thier son ALOT more than what I would like to hear but the boy is taken care of very well other than getting yelled at here and there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 8, 2009

• UM no, not for yelling and if anyone does or has needs to get a life and some help of their own.

Anonymous

• oh good god throw me in jail i yell all day long.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:24 AM on May. 8, 2009

• No I probably wouldn't call just for yelling but it kind of depends on the type of yelling. If the parent yells a lot and cusses then there is a bigger problem. If a parent was being extremely verbally abusive and calling names then I may feel the need to yes. I don't think yelling is a good way to communicate with your children. It sets the standard for how they will speak to you.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:25 AM on May. 8, 2009

• No, I would not.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:25 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Sometimes a parent can get so frustrated that they do lose control and the way they express it is yelling. and no i would not call cps. yes i agree if i saw a child getting physically abused then i would step in and get help for that child. sometimes i lose my temper with my 3 year old and i raise my voice. if the parent was yelling abusively or cussing at the child then maybe i would say something to them.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:26 AM on May. 8, 2009

• No i would not. I think we are all intitled you yell once in a while, heck i probably do it once a day!!!
    It doesn't make you a bad parent. As long as theres no abuse.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:32 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I have wondered that myself... I have a neighbors that scream at a small child (3-4 years old) ALL the time! Not only do they scream at her, they curse at her too! But, they scream at each other and fight in the yard and use all kinds of profanity. One day when the little girl was yelling down to my kids, who were on our trampoline, the grandma came out and yelled back into the house, "will someone come get this little B*t*ch and make her Shut the F---- Up". Our whole neighborhood heard that since it was one of the first really pretty day here to be outside, and since then two of my other neighbors have asked if I was outside that day too.  

Last weekend, my kids and I were in our yard cooking on the grill and one of the guys over there yelled "I just wish you would F--- Off!" to which I yelled back "I just wish you would SHUT UP". I didn't hear another peep

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:33 AM on May. 8, 2009

• oh yeah.... and he wasn't yelling at us.... I don't think he realized that we were in our yard at all until I yelled back at him. I don't know who he was yelling at.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:36 AM on May. 8, 2009