have you?

ever tried to move with a one and a half year old? if so how the hell did you do it? lol i am losing my mind right now.

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 11:23 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! I did it with a 2 year old. What a nightmare! LOL! I'd pack and he'd unpack. I totally sympathize! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:24 AM on May. 8, 2009

• thats exactly what is going on. i put something in a box and turn around and she has taken it out running down the hall with it lmao. im ready to pull my hair out.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:27 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I did it with a 9 month old and a 2 1/2 yr old. I t was really hard the 2 yr old thought i was getting rid of everything everytime i put stuff in the boxes. She would freak all out on me and throw tantrums and all. So finally someone gave me a good tip.
    Set aside her own special box just for her and have her put all her favorite things in there. That way she feels like shes helping and it limits the mess she'll make while your trying to pack. It really worked for me i got everything done and she was very happy.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:30 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I guess I was lucky. Q was only a month old when we moved. however we might be moving my FMIL this weekend...
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:33 AM on May. 8, 2009

• With lots of toys in the car! We moved when henry was 18 months and ella was 3 months! loads of fun lol. We paced both play pens and would just open them up where ever we were and put the babies in them with thier toys. During the packing my oldest son found an old game boy we gave that to the 18 month old, and kept him pretty busy for the next few days....
    Friends of our that also moved with babies were luck enough to have their parents come take all the kids for the week they were moving. Good luck with your move!
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:49 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I did it the same way I do everything with little ones, by the light of the frickin moon! If I wanted to get anything accomplished in peace, I had to do it while they were in bed. I have 5 kids and I am not about to drag them with me to the grocery store and hear them beg and whine for shit. I go at 10:00 p.m. and do it in peace. Good luck girl!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:46 PM on May. 8, 2009

• we had to move with a almost 3 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old while i was pregnant with my now youngest- it was HELL! lol- the best thing to do is try and entertain them- get an oversized box like a tv box or something and then put them in it with a few toys- some crayons to draw on the box walls with and they will have a blast-
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well when we moved this last time we were all on good terms with my MIL so we just dumped the kids off at her house.

Now however I would be in the same position as you, but with three kids taking stuff out of boxes and running away, sigh they think it is so funny to play jokes on mommy, everytime it gets harder and harder to laugh.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 3:38 PM on May. 8, 2009