my 16 month old daughter has this kinda pimple thing on her eye not her eye ball but under it..what is it and what should i do about it...

should it be poped or no..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm gonna go with don't pop it. The eye area is very tender and that could hurt her a lot. It's probably just a stye (sp?). Just put a warm wash cloth on it for a couple of minutes several times during the day. If it gets bigger or looks like it's getting worse then call your dr. Or you may just want to go ahead and give the dr's office a call anyway-seeing how I don't have M.D. after my last name =)! Good Luck.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 12:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't pop anything on an infant!

It could be a stye. Is it on the eyelid? Is it in the eye on the red part? If you are concerned, take her to the doc. My cousin got a peice of popcorn stuck in his eye at about 10 year old. The skin grew over the kernal and it looke like a small cyst just inside his eye. THey were freaked and took him to a specialist who removed it and discovered what it was! It's possible something similair happened or that it's just a harmless bump.
    Anonymous

• you should use tea bags to clean eye out it will help her sooth the problem my daughter gets the often if you take er t the doctor they will give you something that will clear it away in 2 days or so good luckk
    Sonyasmommy07

Answer by Sonyasmommy07 at 1:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• don't use anything on the baby's eye just take to the doctor and let them tell you what to do
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:42 PM on May. 8, 2009

• no, leave it be. Unless it is causing her pain, it will take care of itself. If you think its causing her pain, then a warm washrag every couple hours will help it pop.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:46 PM on May. 8, 2009