how do you deal with having a miscarriage? Could the doctor be wrong?

On the sonogram all they saw was a sac, and for two days they took blood and the hcg level only went up 100 points. Is there and anyway the doctors was wrong? They are only going by the level. My brother asked if they ran other tests and they didn't.
they only went by the levels and i haven't been having cramps or spotting either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a miscarriage at 20 weeks. My daughter was dead inside me for 5 weeks and I knew nothing about it until I went into shock from an underlying infection that was due to the some complication to the death. ( I am still uncertain) but when you are not pregnant your hcg levels are 0. are there any medications you can be put on to prevent the miscarriage? I would not let the doctor do a D&C until you start passing blood clots or bleeding or cramping. I don't know much about how high the hcg levels should be in a pregnancy. but if there is anything you can do to make this a viable pregnancy do it. if the dr. you are with now says he cannot help you then find another dr. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:35 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Your hcg levels should double every two days in early pregnancy. Low levels or levels that are not increasing at the rate they should are a red flag. With my miscarriage, the baby died 3 weeks prior to the docs discovering. I had no spotting or cramping- I had no idea. I had to have a D&E. Go back and talk to your doctor again and ask for another sonogram just to be sure. I am sorry you are having to go through all of this and I hope things work out for you.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 11:58 AM on May. 8, 2009