Who would you recommend as the abstinence poster child?

So many of you think poorly of Bristol Palin because she got pregnant young and decided to have her child. You think she is a poor roll model for abstinence because she obviouly didn't abstain. Who would you like to see as the abstinence poster child and why? And remember, you have to pick a famous person because of their influence on peers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think someone like Bristol, who was taught abstinence but went against it is the PERFECT candidate. I mean, we have rehab counselors who used to be drug addicts themselves because theyve BEEN there. Someone like Bristol can teach young teens "listen, this happened to me and it very well can happen to you".
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:34 AM on May. 8, 2009

• The answers should be interesting. I can honestly say that I can't think of one young 'star' that I would want my children to emulate in any way.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:35 AM on May. 8, 2009

• That's true Bexi. I don't know why anyone has their panties in a twist about Bristol. What is entailed in the job anyhow? To tell her story? Not like everyone doesn't already know it, thanks to the media.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:36 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I agree with BEXi.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:40 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I can't think of any young famous girls that would make for a good role model.... maybe the icarly girl? I haven't seen any clips of her running around Hollywood, getting high and drunk and stuff. I also haven't seen her parading around in slutty clothes either. But who knows...

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:40 AM on May. 8, 2009

• They had their panties in a wad Quinn, because they are the same people who are on the "Hate the Sarah Palin train". It's sad because honestly, Bristol is perfect for this.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:41 AM on May. 8, 2009

• My best friend.

She REALLY needs a date.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:44 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm not a fan but the only one that comes to mind is Jessica Simpson, she was a virgin when she married Nick.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:44 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Can't think of anyone. She is great. I think, as someone who has learned her lesson because of not abstaining she will be great. She knows what can happen and now she has a child to raise. I'm sure she already knows how hard that will be.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:44 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I can see your point Bexi and to add if Bristol had not of had a baby alot would say "what the hell does she know about taking care of a baby so young?" which would make them think whatever she has to say on abstinence as irrelevent.Eitherway though she will likely be seen irrelevent the media did a great bang up job on her mother mainly because it's the latest trend to slam all republicans.lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:47 AM on May. 8, 2009