• In the Spotlight:

My 7yr old DD brought home a skill referral (detention) yesterday. So I get to looking at it and she forged my name and turned it in! BUSTED! The school circled it and sent it back home. What should I do?

supermom_1969

Asked by supermom_1969 at 11:34 AM on May. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Here is the good news. She is still young enough ....to scare the living shit outta her! Tell her that what she did was not only wrong...but It was against the law!

Make a couple of calls to your local courthouse or county jail. Ask if they ever give 'boot camps' or tours to troubled kids. Take her for a 'QUICK' PEEK ...at one of these places. Explain that every action has a consequence...and if she continues on this path....she will end up in jail. If that doesnt' give her a wake up call....I don't know what would!

As far as discipline....take away whatever she cherishes the most. You have to 'customize' punishments for every child.....find out what their 'currency ' is ...and take it away. For this offense...i would say 1 month!

good luck! ...glad you are taking this seriously!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:45 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Your 7 yr old did that? Good lord. I'd definately be taking away some cherished items or privilaged. Also youneed to address the reason she got it and work on that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:37 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I should put it a little differently... What would "YOU" do? Not what should I do, cuz I already have a punishment in the works for her!
    supermom_1969

Answer by supermom_1969 at 11:47 AM on May. 8, 2009