is it a good idea to have the kids go outside before 2 months?

a friend of mine let her kids go outside when ever they want and now one of them is missing and the other one is pretty much 5 now.

babyb1

Asked by babyb1 at 11:48 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm confused by what you mean when you said one of them is missing. Runaway? How old? My kids and I go out all the time. My youngest is two months old and she has been outside many times before. I never let my kids out of the house by themselves. However, if someone's kid is missing, don't do the blame game. No matter what the reason for a kid to be missing, she is probably kicking herself enough with out anyone adding anything to it.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:55 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Ok, her kid ins't missing because they got to go outside, it's because she wasn't watching them close enough. I take my dd where ever I go and she doesn't get lost because we go outside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 8, 2009

• i took my son outside a lot. i had a blanket on the ground with an umbrella over top of him so he wouldn't get burnt. and your child will not wonder off or anything as long as you keep your eyes on them at all times. anything can happen if you take your eyes off of them. I am sure your friend is feeling really bad but she cannot blame herself. yes she may not have been watching him like she should but she is a mother. we all make mistakes like that. you can't be afraid of something like that happening to your child forever or your child will never leave the house. they need to be outside.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Children under 6 months can go outside but they need to be kept out of the sun. Children over 6 months should have sunscreen on.

If one of her kids is missing, I hope she finds him soon.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:06 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Chances are a two month old isn't going to wonder off. A few minutes at a time outside is great for babies. Sometimes it is the only thing that will calm him down
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:26 PM on May. 8, 2009

• What does a missing kid and a 5 year old have to do with 2 months olds being outside? I took my daughter out at a week. We sat in the sun to help with the jaundice, but not for long. Being outside isn't going to hurt a child unless it's for long periods of time. Fresh air and sunlight is good for everyone.
    Anonymous

• her kid isnt missing because they went outside,her kid is missing because she wasnt watching them....I brought my daughter outside with me when she was 2 months,I just layed a blanket on the ground and put sunscreen on her if we were in the sun but i tried keeping her in the shade,she also had a little sun hat.
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 12:35 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I take the kids i baby sit and my to the park and out side they are 12, 10, 8, 2, and 5 weeks...as long as u watch them and keep the baby covered u should be fine my 5 week old is in his baby carrier the one that u put on u and he sits there and eats most the time and use sunsceen and everything should be good...her kid got away cuz she wasnt watching and EVERYTIME ur kids are out u need to make sure u can see them or u are out there with them
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:37 PM on May. 8, 2009

• A two month old baby is not going to go missing because he was taken outside. A two month old baby cannot get up and wander off like a 2 year old. I took my babies outside for short periods of time from the day they came home with me. They aren't going to melt. They need fresh air like we do.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My children were going out with us when the day we got out of the hosspital.. I have 2 born in the summer and we were always outside when they were newborns. My other 2 were born in the winter so they only went outside when we had places to go. No one ever came up missing.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:00 PM on May. 8, 2009