Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting rid of plantar warts?

I have plantar warts on one of my feet that have been there for probably 2 years or more! I didn't realize what they were until recently and they don't really hurt when I walk, so I never paid much attention to them. However, they're multiplying (called cluster-warts I think) and I'd really like to go sandal-footed this summer! I've been using Salicyic acid as much as I can remember for a couple of months now. I've noticed some reduction in size, but they're definitely still there.

Any ideas?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 8, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I have the same thing on my right foot. It started out as 1 wart that I thought i got rid of last summer but then I realized it was back and there were 2 others right next to it! My mom works at a dermatologists office and they froze them for me and now I just have to wait till the go away. It's been about a week and a half and they are still there so I might have to go back and get it done again. There is this stuff called Transversal that I used over the summer when I had one the first time. Its like a little black spot you put over the wart and cover it with a bandage. You do it for I think a few weeks and eventually the wart peels off. Just don't stop before its completely gone. I think that's why mine came back.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 8, 2009

  • Soluver and a pumice stone, if that doesn't work then you need to get the doctor to freeze it off.

    Answer by MammaMcC at 1:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

  • in high school, my brother had over 17 on one hand... (palmer then not plantar but treated the same). the derm froze most but for the ones he didn't want to freeze (like one between the fingers) he told my brother that you can kill them by cutting off their oxygen - like the transversal already mentioned but a cheap way is to use the salicylic acid and then cover it with duct tape (and leave the duct tape on!! like the transversal).

    Answer by ryras_mommy at 3:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

  • If you have had them for 2 years, you need to go to a doctor and have them removed. I had one and couldn't walk for 2 weeks, then I had it removed by the doctor and have not had one since then.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

  • My son has got them now and had them for awhile. The only way to get rid of them completely without them returning is to go to a foot doctor. They put an acid like medicine on them and scrap them a little and once that is done a few times they are gone.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on May. 8, 2009

  • Dr. Sholls Freeze Away worked really well for me.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on May. 8, 2009

  • Thanks everyone - I think I'm going to go to a podiatrist and have him check it out. I want this thing gone!!

    Answer by MrsRich at 12:30 PM on May. 11, 2009