When is a good age to start potty training a boy?

My Son will be 2 in sept. I am thinking of getting pregnant in Aug. And i kinda want to try and have him potty training. I am trying to potty train daughter now. She doing well most of the time.

wifemother220

Asked by wifemother220 at 12:25 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was 2 and 1/2 when I started and was trained within a couple weeks. A few accidents at night, but, he stopped before too long.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:33 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I started at 23 months and he is doing well just as long as he is naked and we are still working on pooping in the potty. I have noticed that the older the better since they do more things on their own. DS is still getting the hang of things. I am also working on him pulling his pants down insted of peeing in them. It is a chore but the end result will be worth it. I will be doing this again next year with my youngest son. Woopie!! LOL
    MyLove

Answer by MyLove at 12:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i been trying to potty train my son since last year he is two.. i was pregnant last year with my 9 month old baby he still doesnt want to be potty train..every child is different its so hard to potty train my son..girl i am already planning baby number 3..if i waith for him to be potty train i am never getting pregnant...lol
    brisa1984

Answer by brisa1984 at 1:07 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i started potty training my son when he was about 16-17 months old, hes 2 now. i was pregnent with my daughter also at the time, im a single mom and diapers are expensive!!!! but it was deffinately a rough experience because he really wasnt sure of what was goin on. so i got him familier with his potty , letting him sit on it even if he didnt have to use it, tellin him that pee pee and poop goes in here, and sometimes after he drinks a cup of milk i would wait like a half hour and sit him on the potty, and say pee pee for mommy, then he would go ....... but inorder to successful you have to make potty training fun but serous dont make it seem like punishment...i also told myself that if i was sure about potty training that i had to get rid of the diapers and buy training pants NOT PULL UPS....eventually he got the hang of it and now he use the adult restroom all by himself, he also stands up and pee !! LOL, BE CONSISTANT!!!!!!
    daj3

Answer by daj3 at 2:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i started witht he potty training when my son was about 17 months or so and we are still at 2 1/2 working on getting it right... I slacked off because he just wasn't ready and I did not want to force him into it... But now and the older he gets he will actually go on his own and has started to understand that he doesn't enjoy being wet, but is still very skiddish about the poop in the pot, it for some reason scares him to do this so we will keep at it until he's comfortable with it all... He's been using the training pants since 17 months as well and his frequency of tinkles is less throughout the day so I use cheap ones and at night the huggies night time they really hold the water in...
    VMac

Answer by VMac at 4:41 PM on May. 8, 2009