nosebleeds at 31 weeks?

This morning I woke up to pee at 5:30 am, and noticed my nose trickling a little bit, i assumed it was just a runny nose, but it wouldn't stop when I "snuffed" haha , so i went to the washroom and checked, i had a nosebleed! first one in probably about 6 years ( I'm not a bleeder.)
So far throughout the day today, I've tasted that coppery blood taste in the back of my throat a few times but my nose hasn't bled again.
What causes this during pregnancy? I've heard it's common, but more so in the early months of pregnancy. :/

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 12:47 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you could be having nosebleeds for a couple of reasons
    your nasal passages may be really dry and irritated due to allergies or pollen.
    also,es, nosebleeds do tend to occur more often during pregnancy. Pregnancy can cause the blood vessels in your nose to expand, and your increased blood supply puts more pressure on those delicate vessels, causing them to rupture more easily. Although it's unpleasant and inconvenient, an occasional minor nosebleed is generally harmless.
    You're especially likely to get a nosebleed when you have a cold, sinus infection, or allergies, or when the membranes inside your nose dry out, as they do in cold weather, air-conditioned rooms, airline cabins, and other dry environments. Trauma and certain medical conditions, such as high blood pressure or a clotting disorder, may cause nosebleeds as well.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i was getting nosebleeds for one month EVERY DAY during my 7th month of pregnancy.

check this link out:
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_nosebleeds-during-pregnancy_255.bc
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• dont be afraid it may your blood pressure droped and normally in pregnancy your vessels is weak especilly when you are anemic
    nonaakliken

Answer by nonaakliken at 2:23 PM on May. 8, 2009