Are there other moms who have no affectionate bond with thier own mom?

I am not talking about being mad at her . I am not talking about being estranged and you know it will work out eventually .
I am talking about a complete absence of love or affection , A failure to bond in a normal way .
Anyone ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont have that sometimes i wish i did my mom is on drugs and i cant stan it and she stills from my dad and i hate that. but i love her and i cant bring myself to get away from her
    Anonymous

• mom, its ok
    but with my dad. pfft nothing.
    it happens.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:41 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Why do you ask if others don't bond with their moms?
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 1:41 PM on May. 8, 2009

• because I have no feelings for my mom I mean I do but not good The woman has abused neglected and been hateful my whole life , I don't even have those hopes that she will " love me one day" I don't want her to because I feel no affection for her
    I was an oops before Roe v and was told my whole life that she wished abortion was legal back then
    Anonymous

• They say you can choose friends but you can't pick your family. That was a horrible thing your mother said to you. I don't think you should let her nasty and negative comments affect you as hard as that may be. Are there other family members you get on with? I have NO relationship with my mother as she hates me but won't tell me why. I wasn't raised by her but by my father and my mother never loved me. I just think well it's not my fault and that's how she is. You have children/a child. You're a mother now and so please focus on your kid/s because they will know you as a good loving mother.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt even deal with her then
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I don't we havent spoken in 5+ years I do have a great relationship with my kids and others
    I just always have a hard time because I have never met anyone else like me who has no relationship with her mother and does not feel anything for her
    Anonymous

• I have never had a bond with my mother. She's a mean, vindictive, hateful, snobbish, judgmental, rumor-making (and spreading) person. She actually told us that she HAD to love us when we were little (I have 5 siblings) but now that we're grown up she doesn't have to any more. She threw a pair of scissors at my younger sister, choked me, told my older sister her whole life how stupid she was, has made up stuff and spread it around - including that my youngest sister was a prostitute (my sister was never a prostitute). The woman seems to have no morals herself, but she expects everyone else to exhibit exceptionally high morals around her. She's a very jealous person - is actually jealous if our dad spends time with us instead of her (they are both our biological parents). The only one of us she seemed to like at all was the sister who turned out to be just like her. I don't have anything to do with her or my dad anymore.
    Anonymous

• Thanks anon
    Anonymous

• my sister and i grew up with our dad and stepmom. my mom was a freaken loser!! of course, she doesnt think it was that bad or says she doesnt remember: bull fucken shit!! i have 5 kids of my own and make sure i raise them they way i wished i was raised: with lots of love , kindness, knowing what theyre doing at all times, always telling them i love them and good job at whatever they do, etc!!!!
    j-hunt

Answer by j-hunt at 2:42 PM on May. 8, 2009