People will look straight at you at tell you a lie ...

Where i work, this lady came to pick up her vehicle and she called the day before to tell me that she would be there on that day because she was going to her her money. I said ok, see you then. Anyways she came and paid with a check, (we very very rarley ever have a problem because we are in a small town) for her deductible in the amount of $1030.00. I got all her infor on it like driverslicense, dob, phone,exp. Anyways the check came back today as NSF so now we have tro try to collect it. I have called her and of course she doesn't answer and her voice mail is full so i just keep trying hoping she will delete it. If not i guess i will have to send her a letter. It just amazes me that she called to say she was getting her money and then wrote us a bad check and not a small one either. Does this happen a lot where you work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can always call the bank next time to verify funds, you may have to take her to small claims court ohh and I would also file charges against her. In a lot of states anything over 600 is a felony.

Anonymous

• You can call the police as well and make a report on her for writing a bad check. It will stay on her record and she will have to go to court over it and pay the court fees plus what she owes you and any other fee's you encored because of her bad check.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Luckily I work with business and their employees and tend to see less of it from my end. I know the firm has had their share of no pays. I don't think we've seen bad check, people just plain don't pay.
    Anonymous

• Seriously, I'm surprised that you're surprised. I find that most people are poker-faced liars. It's a rarety to find anyone who's not.
    Anonymous