Anyone every had preeclampsia and stuck on bedrest?

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and already on bedrest. I'm super bored so any suggestions to pass the time would be great. I also don't know much about preeclampsia. I just know the symptoms I have. High BP of 171 over 102, protien in urine, swelling, and dull abdominal pain. How exactly is this effecting my baby? Please help :)

ArmyMomma2B

Asked by ArmyMomma2B at 12:57 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The docs need to check you all the time when you have preeclampsia, the only cure for it is to deliver the baby. I had it as well, and the pregnancy didnt end well, they caught it too late, and we lost our little boy. My prayers are with you, take it easy, but make sure they check to make sure the baby is okay, make sure that the baby is moving around as much as it normally does. But like I said before, there is no cure but to deliver the baby. Its a scary thing.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i had it with both my boys.. i was put on restricted work duties.. but since i was a hair dresser this was hard... my bp was about what yours was,., sometimes higher and sometimes lower... my swelling was so bad that in the last 3 months of pregnancy i gained 60lbs.. i had no knees or anckles.. just all water weight.. i delivered a perfectly healthy abby... just make sure your docs keep up on you. and dont let it go in to full ecpalmisia

good luck... if you need anything you can pm me
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:26 PM on May. 8, 2009