What can i do about noisy family memebers who think they know best about my child?

Peytonsmom646

Asked by Peytonsmom646 at 12:59 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Remind them nicely its your child and although their opinions are welcomed when asked they are not always needed or wanted. Thank them for their advice and tell them you appreciate it but you have it under control.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:01 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You just gotta tell them you know that think they they know what is best and are just trying to help but they need to but out and let you parent the way you want to and that's it, no ifs ands or buts about it!

Anonymous

• Smile and Nod. The good thing about advice is it's up to you to take it. The thing about opinions, they are like A**holes, everyone's got them. Take it with a grain of salt.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Smile politely. Say thank you, you appreciate the advice. Maybe that you think about what they said. And do as you feel best. Let them have the pleasure of thinking they know what they are talking about and helping you out with their good intentions. This makes you a loving and generous person. If they get nasty and say why didn't you do it their way later on, then say that you considered it but decided your way was better. You can repeat that you appreciated their concern and advice, and that they cared enough to talk with you about it.

Answer by Bmat at 1:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

• just tell them if you want their opinion you will ask for it. its your kid you can do what you want. i know thats tacky but i have lots of issues with this and sometimes being nice about it doesnt make things better.
    shedomer

Answer by shedomer at 1:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

• walk away when they try to give their opinion.. It will be rude and if they bring up your "rudeness" bring up theirs.
    Anonymous

• Tell them thank you for your advice, but I will decide what is best for my child. I have had to be very blunt to my family and just flat out tell them that I am my sons mom and I will decide what is best and if they don't like it, that is too bad. They had their chance to parent now it is my turn.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• All these ladies are right, when they start spouting off, just give them a smile & nod, but TUNE THEM OUT!!!! Let me tell ya, the more you practice it, the better it works!!!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 5:43 PM on May. 8, 2009