So me and my SO are expecting our first child together, he doesnt want to find out the sex...

So we both decided it would be a surprise! How many of you haven't found out the sex? Did you wait until you had the baby to do the room and buy the necessities , or did you do it unisex?? Just curious!

jasesmommy0529

Asked by jasesmommy0529 at 1:14 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found out the sex but still bought mostly unisex. I had a friend that waited and they had the baby shower after their daughter was born and bought only the things they HAD to before she was born like bassinet and a couple outfits to get them through till they went shopping. They didn't decorate the nursery either just painted it in nuetral tones
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Our neighbors waited. They bought everything unisex and got a few unisex outfits and waited on the room colors and crib stuff until after the baby was born. They bought what they could and then bought the majority of the clothing and toys for gender specific after the baby was born. Most people do all the unisex stuff and then the room after or they do it unisex as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Unisex is the way to go theres alot out there so just look around. Congrates on the LO.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:26 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Me and my SO really don't want to find out (we find out today!!) but we decided to for 2 reasons.
    1.) How many people are coming to the baby shower
    2.) It being our first child, we have NOTHING for him/her yet so we decided we should find out with this one and the next one we won't be so unprepared so we can wait to find out with that one. If that makes any sense.

I have went shopping already and bought unisex clothes.
    Congrats on your baby and good luck!=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:54 PM on May. 8, 2009

• me and my SO dont know the sex..due in less then a week now.. We have alot of yellow and green stuff and other unisex things we also have a box with boys and a box with girls depending on which one it is well take that box down.. I dont recommend waiting until the baby is born to get stuff AT ALL
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:48 PM on May. 8, 2009