What do you do when you want to stop or slow down on drinking coffee (caffeine drinks)?

I have found myself drinking 2 cups or 2 dark sodas in one day instead of slowing it down and cutting back it got worse.

I wonder if eating those flavored coffee candies would be just as bad, I am in it for the flavor. Help me please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you have to wean yourself off or suffer terrible caffiene headaches. you drink 3 cups a day , start with 2 then drink 2 for a week or so then down to one then 1/2 etc..etc... that is what i would do. i have had quite a few caffiene headaches and they suck and the only way they go away is caffiene... good luck
    shedomer

Answer by shedomer at 1:28 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Are you pregnant? If so drink an extra glass of water to clear it out. Switch to decaffeinated drinks if your in it for flavor. If you like the flavor of coffee you can get the candies as its all artificial flavoring. If your not in it for the caffeine then get decaffeinated.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I think the coffee candys are ok but a cup of coffee is the best. Try and explore on whats out there i think the candys have more caffine in it. Im not that sure on that. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• never heard of the candy but i noticed i was drinking 2 cups of coffee in the am ( 3 sugars and cream ) and then at least 3 sodas mt dew no less. so knowing how i could lose weight just by cutting back so one day i decided one coffee in the am slow drinking it and 1 soda a day when im done with the soda thats it no more even if i want it. i reach for crystal light rasberry lemonaid.. its yummy. also i suck on butterschoch candies. or gum. it helps. i lost 1 lb a week just by doing that. but it a hard habbit to break.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:30 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I need my coffee in the morning. I have replenished the coffee stock, grinds, sugar, napkins, and everything. Soda is really bad because of it's sugar content (in making you swell up). Sugar-free candy is kind of gassy at then end.

One idea, caffeine free coffee. Or if not, I find Sprite Zero a decent drink. It doesn't taste too diet(ish). A can a day is what I drink with two tall cups of coffee.
    Anonymous

• You can get the coffee's decaf. But other things, I never stop cold turkey. I ALWAYS get terrible headaches when I do that. I just slowly cut down over time.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:32 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I cut down on coffee while pregnant and working at a coffee shop. I started drinking half caf/half decaf drinks and if you drink high end coffee they still taste great! The Starbucks decaf and Seattles Best decaf's still taste pretty good. I think the caffeine free Pepsi tastes great too. Good luck!

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Im pregnant and I drink a caffine drink a day. But let me tell you once a week I get a 20 oz Carmel latter with whip cream. That is so full of caffine. I hope thats not to bad. If you know it is someone who reads this please message me and let me know.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 1:45 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I agree with the other posts, DON'T quit cold turkey! It sucks having the headaches that last for a few days. I would go from 2 a day to 1 a day for a week, then 1/2 a day for a week, then quit. You can still have yummy coffee just do decaf. I love Starbucks decaf. If you like the taste of the sodas, and its just the caffeine not the calories you are concerned with, then caffeine free Pepsi and Caffeine free Coke is good too. I give it to my kids on the rare occasion they may get a soda (birthdays, holidays, etc).
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I stopped cold turkey. and i was sick for 3 days.. but it was worth it! im now caffiene free. when i want soda i buy caffeine free coke or pepsi. when i want a taste of coffee i buy decaf. same with tea
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:55 PM on May. 8, 2009