What should i do? I would like to honor my mom on Mother's Day but I have no money to get her a gift!

She has done so much for me and my family and she deserves SOMETHING but I have zero money to even get her flowers and a card!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Can you go to her house and cook her some dinner? If you kids are old enough, they could be waiters and waitresses.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:38 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Write her a letter. She doesn't care as long as its from the heart. Cook her a dinner or make her a card. Find old things you did in school or something. I have been dead broke as well and in those times I would write my mother a letter to tell her what she means to me.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:38 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Sears (at least in my town) is giving away free 10 by 13 pictures.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• dont let this halmark holiday get to ya! mothers day is everyday! my mom deserves a lot, but just a card is enough for her, to remind her i'm thinking of her and love her, but we send each other cards like that any time of year!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:44 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I found a site or two that has free printable cards. Hope this helps..
    http://www.123printcards.com/mothersday1/
    http://familycrafts.about.com/od/mothersdaycards/a/printmomcards.htm
    littlefoots

Answer by littlefoots at 1:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Write her a poem! Maybe your kids are old enough to help!
    Anonymous

• Also.. I looked up "mothers day when you are broke".. and got quite a few interesting things to come up in the search.
    Here is a link to a good article.. plus if you look to the right.. you will see alot of other suggestions.
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/704215/how_to_celebrate_mothers_day_when_you.html?cat=74
    littlefoots

Answer by littlefoots at 1:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well, I don't have alot of money, either, so wrote my Mom a poem,and posted it in my journal, so everyone would be able to see what an amazing woman she truly is. You might think about something like that.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:10 PM on May. 8, 2009

• make her a nice dinner, or have a bbq for her with her family and friends
    abbyl2490

Answer by abbyl2490 at 2:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• For my Mom we made her a poster with all of her Grandkids hand prints on it. She was already talking about where she was going to hang it in her house. They live out of state, they just left to head home, so she already has it.

Think of something you would love from your kids and make it for her.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 2:19 PM on May. 8, 2009