do you consider people who are TTC and who have never been pregnant or a "mother" of any type

a mother? I was talkign to a lady today she said she was ttc so it made her a mother wouldnt that make any female who had unprotected sex a mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, a mother is someone who has raised or is raising a child. Even if the child has passed you must be a parent in my eyes to be a mother. Adopted or natural you still need a child to be a mother. If that was the case almost every female would be a mother by the age of 14 now days.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:40 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i agree.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 1:43 PM on May. 8, 2009

• No they are not a mother. Just because you have sex doesn't make you a mother, you have to actually have a child, or be pregnant for me to concider you a mother, and I don't think that you remain a mother if you give your child up for adoption or your child dies.
    Anonymous

• A mother is someone who has had a child to raise. If a woman is pregnant or adopted, then she is a mother. Even if the baby has died, she is still a mother. You can not take that right away from her just because of death.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Oh if your child dies anon you are a mother. You must not have ever felt that kind of grief. I haven't but I understand that!
    But I agree with the rest of the answers.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If they have never been a mother by being pregnant than no I dont consider them a mom.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:06 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Hmmm...
    According to Anon 1:47 I am not a mother because my daughter was stillborn.. so, even though I have the scar from the c-section and carried her for 36 weeks, I am not a mom... Grow up and get a clue. I hope that you never lose a child because it is the most heartbreaking thing in the world to go through..
    According to okmommy08 I am not a mother to my 2nd daughter either because I didn't give birth to her. I was not pregnant with her because she is adopted.

So, according to those 2 "ladies" I am only the mother of my 3rd child because I was pregnant and gave birth to her...oh wait, it was a c-section so I guess that doesn't count either, huh?

I have 3 girls and there is no way anyone can tell me that I am not their mother.. Oh, and my 2nd dd has 2 moms- her first mom and myself.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:20 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Not a mommy until you have a child.You might have expiarnce with kids but your not a mother until you give birth.It cahnges everything!
    Anonymous

• I totally just relized I have a friend whos the exact same way...ttc and celebrating mothers day!
    Anonymous

• No. That does not make you a mother. I agree with pretty much every one else, except 12:47, if you lose a child you are still a mother.

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:49 PM on May. 8, 2009