I wanna be a registered nurse.what educations should I need?I am curious if I will be able to pass it or not ?

have a baby so will I get time to study?I have granted for financial aid so i wanna do this.can u give advise if I wanna complete fast and easy education.what should I DO?

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 1:44 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need a high school diploma for one. Then you have to go to college and do clinical's along with lab work and tests. There is no quick way around it. Then you will have to find a hospital to hire you and do even more work just to get in the door. It will take you a good 2 years if not more depending on how much time and effort you put into it. It also depends on what kind of nurse you want to be. A registered baby nurse, triage nurse, er nurse, do you want to work at a doctors office or a hospital?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:47 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My mother is an RN. She started at a community college and finished her Bachelors of Science at a medical school. Having time to study is up to you. My mom did it when I was a young child though so I'm sure you can. We pretty much have time for what we make time for.
    I don't know about fast and easy though....studying to be an RN isn't like being a surgeon or anything, but it's not just "easy".
    They are great nurses who study hard and it pays off.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:48 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If you want something "quick and easy" you could look into a career school and be a medical assistant which can take 6 months to a year depending on the school. But I don't think you should be discouraged...RN's make great money and it's a good career!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• It has taken me a total of 4 years, I went back to school, got my GED then enrolled in a community college that ranks very high with the state a national boards of nursing. I finished my pre-reqs in may of 07, waited 1 year before starting my RN classes, I will graduate December of this year. Oh, I also have 3 children. Nursing is not quick or easy, you really need a passion for it..If you do, contact the schools in your area and go from there.
    Most schools have a waiting list, so check on that too, thats why I waited 1 year before starting nursing because of the limited space available.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Nursing is definatlely not quick and easy. For one, if you have no college credits already, you have to take general education classes which can take 2 years before you even have the prereqs to even apply to the nursing program. Then the nursing program (at most community colleges, getting an RN with an associates degree) is 2 years long. So your looking at 4 years. Thats if you get in the first time you apply and everything goes smoothly. I have a full time job that requires overtime, 2 kids and am almost finished with my prereqs. Just finished my Anatomy and physiology I class with lab. You will definatly lose some sleep studying because you will HAVE to study for these biology classes. I got an A and have managed to keep my 4.0 GPA. So it can be done. But it won't be quick, or easy.
    Anonymous

• Most states now require RNs to have a 4 year degree, a BSN. My sister is an RN and also teaches. Feel free to contact me directly with questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:32 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My best friend graduated when we were 21 from the RN program.She went to a university and went two more years .I can't remember what you call it but she was in the honors program and studied her ass of.She is now working in Beverly Hills with a plastic surgeon she is a head nurse.I am very proud of her.All that studying paid off.
    Anonymous

• I just remembered she is a nure practioner
    Anonymous