How can I stay motivated to keep my diet?

I do good and once people start saying that I'm losing weight or I see the scale, I can't help but over eat. I mean over eat a lot. like I can't control it, I am always hungry and gain all the weight back that I lost within 3-4 days. Im talking about 10-15lbs that took me 2 weeks to lose!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Health

• Well instead of getting a BIG head keep doing what you are doing to help control your weight.

You remind me of my dh and his sister they are both big and the minute you tell them something they like (EX: Wow you look good are you losing weight) OMG you should have not said that, they just throw there hands up in the air and say oh well I will just eat this little bit and work it off, before you know it they are big again.

Don't give in so easily look at what happend to Kirstie Alley she was beautifull than huge then alittle beautiful and then now huge again. It is up to you. Imagine every bite you take is 1lb more you have to loose. GL I am not trying to say it is easy I have 20 lbs I would love to shed but it is hard.
    Anonymous

• Stop standing on the scale for starters. Just lose the weight do what you do...exercise, diet, etc and never get on the scale its bad anyways because it can be unhealthy and habit forming. Also, what other people think doesnt matter it is what you think so when they say you look thinner today do you feel thinner and if so tell yourself it took you two weeks to get there!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• LOL i know what you man about getting big head. I've been there done' that. it's always been a problem of mine.. lose 10 gain 20. well how im staying motivated this time is one day at a time. when i lose control and eat what i shouldn't..(in amount) i start to read on diets, wieght loss, watch diet shows.. it helps. then look in the mirror.. that helps too
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:02 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Whooa you are losing 10-15 pounds in one 2 weeks. You go girl. When you get those urges to eat find a substitute. You can binge eat on healthy foods and it wont amount to much of anything. Or try gum or a cigarette is what I would do. Think to yourself how good you would feel to when you meet your dieting goal. Imagine what you would look like, all those cute clothes you would be able to show off etc. Binge eating like that goes a little deeper though, you may have an emotional tie to food that you need to break. Some people resort to smoking or drinking or whatever, you go to food. Really its all in your mind and how bad you want it.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 2:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• change your eating habits if you're eating a bunch of carbs and sugary things. stick with proteins and when you do have grains make sure they're whole wheat. You work so hard, don't destroy all of what you've done. Maybe you can also give yourself a cheat day. hehe. Drink water instead of any other drink. Those are just some ideas.

Looking at the scale all the time can counteract what you're doing because sometimes a person can be working out so hard but they don't see any results and just give up. Or see all the weight they're losing so they lose focus and end up back at square one.

Don't give up.....it takes time to develop a habit and also maybe if you had an accountability partner in your working out efforts that would make things easier. or an eating chart. I know when i was trying to lose weight i would feel guilty seeing certain things on my list that ate for the day. hehe.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 4:49 PM on May. 8, 2009