If you were trying to get pregnant and were overweight by 30 pounds would you lose the weight first???

tagansmybaby

Asked by tagansmybaby at 1:57 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Start loosing it, you don't want to do it to fast as that will screw it all up. Just diet and excise and let the weight come off naturally.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• well it all depends on how interested you are in losing the extra weight, cuz you probably wont wanna try it when you are prego. then again, it might be kind of defeating to lose the weight just to get big again with baby lol. i would probably just wait till the baby is born and then the breastfeeding and business will be on your side for losing however much you want! good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, and I am. I'm down 25 and have 5 to go. Added weight during pregnancy can increase your risk and the babies risk of complications. You want the best case scenario with your pregnancy, and that includes healthy weight. The added benefit is you will feel better about your health, your weight, and can establish a healthy living plan that can extend through pregnancy which will ALSO benefit the pregnancy.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 2:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I would just eat healthy, exercise, and ttc all at the same time. Its not like you have to stop doing those things while you are pregnant. Alot of us just choose to forfeit eating healthy and pig out on all those cravings using pregnancy as an excuse. Thats what I did on my first baby and I'll never do that again!

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:01 PM on May. 8, 2009

• definatley!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• nope...I did that and waited too long to have babies...should have just had 'em early...lost weight while being pregnant anyhow....
    lapizz

Answer by lapizz at 2:20 PM on May. 8, 2009

• no id wait until after....30 pounds really isnt that much and I dont see a point in losing the weight just to get pregnant and have to lose weight again
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• just eat healthy and exercise everyday whiloe pregnant walking throughout your pregnancy is supposed to make labor easier anywayz
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:41 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm actually about 30lbs overweight, and had been starting to lose weight last summer. Seems I haven't gained anything in my first trimester-- I think the baby is making me break even in my eating. ;) I say do what YOU think is best. Keep yourself healthy, and things will follow through. Besides, you'll lose the weight once you're chasing babies around. :D
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 2:55 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I would do it now so that when you get pregnant it will be easier to lose just your baby weight. Start taking care of yourself now and it will be easier for you. Also I was told that if you breastfeed after you have your baby it will help you lose the weight you put on while you were pregnant. That goes with diet and exercise.
    tonya212288

Answer by tonya212288 at 4:04 PM on May. 8, 2009