Need help with getting a grant or loan...

I need to get a grant or loan for $2000 for school. I've looked everywhere and everyone I find either doesn't have my school or isn't enough money. I need the money for CareerStep to do Medical Transcription. I tried the SallieMae loan but my credit is too bad and I can't find anyone to co-sign with. So since my credit is bad I tried looking for grants and stuff for moms but no luck. Anything you ladies can give me would be great! Thank you!!

oxojen178oxo

Asked by oxojen178oxo at 2:10 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Does the school have a financial aid office to help? Have you done a FAFSA online to see if you qualify for federal loans?
    ryras_mommy

Answer by ryras_mommy at 2:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• No they discontinued their financial aid program...and I did try the FAFSA but it doesn't list CareerStep and wouldn't let me continue so I emailed them twice and I got nothing. :-(
    oxojen178oxo

Answer by oxojen178oxo at 3:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Maybe you should find a school that does accept financial aid. You're only going to get federal financial aid for school if you are going to a "real" school (I'm not trying to bash CareerStep---I have no idea what it is).
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yeah I know but I really want to do CareerStep its the best school for Medical Transcription and you can do the school online and at home which is why I need to do it through CareerStep. I just wish I could get a co-signer for that SallieMae site because the loan payments are $30 a month which is amazing!!
    oxojen178oxo

Answer by oxojen178oxo at 4:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Did you contact the financial aid office at your college? You can also try www.fastweb.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:30 PM on May. 8, 2009