What are the best snacks for babies that dont make a mess?

I have an 8 month old whos starting to eat things like baby cookies and crackers but they all make a mess of her carseat and clothes. Any snacks that dont make such a mess?

crystaleve29

Asked by crystaleve29 at 2:20 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• steamed carrots arent too messy! but babies will find a way to make any food messy lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• IDK about mess, but my dd used to love frozen peas. It helps with teething and fine motor skills. just dump a few frozen peas on her tray and watch her try to pick them up. So cute and healthy!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• not really I think most of the baby snacks make a mess unless you are putting them in her mouth yourself. I try everything from the gerber wagon wheels and gerber little cheetos like things and they all make a mess I just put my son in his high chair and let him get messy, that is what our dog is for. Good luck!
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 2:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• LOL it seems as long as they can drool, there's going to be a mess. The biter biscuits definately seem like the worst, though. The little puffs are less messy in that they don't mush and crumble, but they still end up all over the floor!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 2:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i wouldnt mess with peas that early. major choking hazard. they are hard to grip at that age and too small to chew and swallow. if you mash them well and mix them with something else then it is ok
    Anonymous

• Good luck finding one! Youl would make a fortune if you could come up with a convient, mess proff soft baby snack! Even if it doesn't crumble, it's usually small and baby will drop it. There is a thing out there you cna put hte food in with mesh stuff so baby can chew on it.
    Anonymous

• in the stores they sell this little tupers for babies...is those that she could stick her hand and only what she graves comes out...try one of those..no matter what babies are messy
    brisa1984

Answer by brisa1984 at 3:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• There is nothing that is not messy, especially in a car. My son loved baby peas at that age, right out of the can. He managed to make a mess out of everything that he ate. I used to put down a garbage bag under his highchair, cleanup was really easy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Babies and "not messy" don't go together! lol

Just start giving her finger foods and let her learn how to feed herself...and keep the hose handy!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Babies are messy. Stick with a sippy of water in the car.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:53 PM on May. 8, 2009