Would you rather be a single mom than be married to be with you a hole?

I feel like I already know what it's like to be a single mom. I would rather focus on myself and my girl than to have to take care of a 26yr old big baby! Ughh I want to get out of it but it would be easier if we weren't married. I guess my biggest thing is the embarrassment and having the outsiders constantly asking what went wrong? I don't want to deal with other people's nosy questions all the time!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Than be married with you a hole? Whaaaaat?
    Anonymous

• I was in this situation almost 3 years ago. Truth is, it is SO much easier to be a single mom without the drama of the hubby there. Your stress level will dramatically decrease. Since I divorced my ex, not a single person has asked me ANYTHING about him. (When I was WITH him everyone asked me Why! LOL) Occasionally my son gets the "oh go tell your dad" (when my SO is with him at the park or something) but other than that, nothing. No one is going to ask you anything. At this point, I think it's pretty common to see single mothers.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Exactly y I'm divorced..i couldn't care for my dd if I always had to care for him. he was a 200 lb weight on me that I had t drag through life. Suffered with alcoholism, depression, a$$holism you name it! I have financial stress and im always busy..but i have a peace about me that I never had with him. My self esteem grows more each day. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Who cares what other people say you don't even owe them an explanation. I was so ashamed to be divorced i thought everyone was staring at me in the grocery store and wispering about it...I don't know or care, but I think alot of it was my own shame.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• And that's just what happens most of the time. Your couple friends fell like thet have to pick sides and everyone wants the scoop. I moved one town over and cut of contact with anyone who had anything negative to say about it. Now my current husband, ex husband, ex mother in law and 4 kids spend holidays and birthdays together. I tell anyone who asks my ex isn't a bad guy, he just wasn't the guy for me. If you are unhappy you should really think about making a change. Our lives are too short to waste. I hope things work out for you. Keep your head up.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 2:31 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If you're not happy in the marriage, why worry about what others will think if you leave? Then you'll be happier and you can concentrate on your daughter. Are the problems so bad you wouldn't consider counseling? If you truly think you would be happier on your own then go with your heart. I've wondered how some women can put up being married to guys who treat them like crap. I couldn't live like that. Good Luck in whatever you decide!
    Anonymous

• You know, I feel like I go thru the same thing at times and my dh has left me feeling very disappointed as of late. As a mom you don't want to quit for the sake of your kids, but as a woman, sometimes enough is enough! I know it is hard but you have to do what is best for you in the end, granted I know a lot of women will say stay or try to make it work for the sake of your kids, and if it can I agree, but if you know in your heart of hearts that it is not there anymore and you cannot get it back I don't believe staying for the sake of the kids is truly the best for them. Because kids know, and they can see you are in a loveless marriage, happily divorced is far better than miserably married IMO.
    Anonymous

• All I will tell you is "life is too short to not be happy".
    Anonymous

• If I didn't have 3 kids, a ton of student loan debt, and no way of using my degree anytime soon... I'd be outta here in a minute. Especially right now (my DH is being a jerk... again!).
    Anonymous

• Most ppl don't care what went wrong they just want to know you are ok. Do what you think is right for you. It was much easier for me to leave and raise my children alone than to stay with a jerk. You can do this is you want. If other ppl do ask just tell them you are not ready to discuss it and never discuss it!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:36 PM on May. 8, 2009