Don't you ever miss the feeling a fresh new relationship, and all the excitment after being with someone for sooo long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes....I hope to find our groove again one day.....

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:34 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes....................oh those days. : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 2:35 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes! I do miss all the excitement of a new relationship BUT I don't miss the wondering "what if?" What if he changes his mind? What if I don't really know him? What if I don't look good enough today? Etc. etc. There is "fire" in new relationships but "pure beauty" in long term relationships. It is a great thing when you get comfortable with your partner . When there is silence and it's "okay" because you don't feel obligated to fill the void with talking, you just know you two are comfortable just "being there"...
    Anonymous

• You know I try but I am very affectionate and he is in his own way but right away I get next to him to hug him and kiss him he has to get a hard one, I am like no sex why can't we just hold eachother he says I'll hold you after the loving. I am like ok I give up and just get up and find something else to do...lol He gets upset I mean I swear men are like children sometimes.
    Why does it have to be about sex or lead to sex.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:47 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Honestly? I did with my first husband. We were married for 9 yrs together for 13. After about 4 years i loved him but wasnt in love with him. I just sucked it up. One day I figured I cant do this anymore. When my second husband asked me to marry him I was scarred out of my mind. Would it be the same? The answer was no. I feel just as much now as the day I met him I think it depends on if your the right person or not. Love tends to fade over time but you know in heart when its right. Good luck.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 2:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Oh no. I don't. I guess I'm fine with the comfort we have. It's not boring, that's for sure. In some ways I guess it's good to be bi-polar? We bicker, it's a daily thing for us. Well, not now, not with him being deployed. But we get on each others nerves. And we get along great. We have the comfort of each other without the boring aspect. I can't imagine being with anyone else, and I can't imagine us not being together.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• No not really, I love where we are now, we are still in love. We love each other more every day, and that love grows and develops over time. It becomes more of a true bond that just a "feeling". Of course the first time highs are great, but so is the security and depth of what we have now.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:53 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yes, I miss those days.
    Anonymous

• Kind of. I miss the feeling I used to get when I was going to visit him at his apartment or when he called me. but then again I'm happy I don't have to worry so much about what he's going to think if I'm having a bad hair day! So basically i do miss the feeling of a new relationship but this is the first time I've been in a relationship that's lasted this long so I'm happy.
    Anonymous

• absolutly! i think about this every once in awhile.i loved the feeling of finding out the others life and that sexual tension that you have with someone new you're dating...but when i start to think about it im like.."what would be the sense?..id spend every moment comparing him to my husband"..
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:24 PM on May. 8, 2009