How often to you pick up their poop?

I have 2 dogs they live in the backyard they are such a nucess that I have them tied up I let them run around and play but one of them likes to dig so I let them play with supervision and tied them back up. But my question is what is the easiest way to pick up their poop? I mean I go out there and shovel it up and put it in bag and then the trash. Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pets

• Nah that's pretty much what you have to do, we have one little dog (12 pounds) and I clean up after him once a week. He's a digger too but that's kind of what I expected since he's a dog and that's what they do. Sometimes if he has a toy to play with he digs less, but I think he just generally likes to dig.
    Anonymous

• We have big Labs (2). Poop has to be scooped everyday here. If I let it go a week we couldn't see the grass..lol. I have a thool we bought at PetSmart It's like a flat dustpan with a 'pusher so no bending.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:47 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I have to do it every day. We live in a condo and they have little poop stations every where. Fun

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I have three dogs. I scoop twice a week. It sucks, but hey, what goes in has to come out sooner or later!
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 3:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i have 3 dogs, (ones 85lbs the other 2 are 10 lbs) i pick up their poop every day.in the summer sometimes twice cuz were all outside playing so much and i dont want anyone stepping in it. but ya i just have a bucket tht i use wih a shovel and pick it up that way..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:12 PM on May. 8, 2009

• We scoops the poop right after she poops. Put it in the thinger that decomposes it...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:39 PM on May. 8, 2009

• We clean the kennels twice a day in the summer to cut down on flies. Once a day in the winter. I bought the poop scooper from Petsmart, but didn't like the scraper. I bed the kennels with cedar shavings so I prefer a small rake.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 11:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• id do it everyday so theres not a whole bunch of bugs...theres really no other way of doing it then the way you described...pick it up and put it in a bag sounds pretty basic to me.
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• they have different pooper scoopers you can use...but other then that...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:27 PM on May. 10, 2009