First massage, what should I expect?

My dh got me a massage for Mother's Day. I'm leaving in a couple hours, but I've never gone to get a professional massage before so I'm wondering what to expect? This may seem silly, but I'm the type that likes to have a heads up before I do something.

Thanks in advance!

julipickle2

Asked by julipickle2 at 2:35 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• U should expect to relax. Lay down and try to fully enjoy it! whe i have gone I always start on my stomach. the bed has a hole for your face...I wear underwear but thats it. they have a sheet to lay over yourself and then they come in. It is wondeful!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:41 PM on May. 8, 2009

• what ria7 already said and also think about tense spots on your body or where your needing it most they might ask that, they usually ask me and i'm so relaxed by the time they do i'm like uhhhh......... lol
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 2:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• They will give you an opportunity to tell them about any medical issues you may have. Ask you about anyplace that is sore, tender, tense. Some will ask if you want a relaxing massage or deep tissue. Unless you've had deep tissue DON"T do it. It is a theraputic massage. I have to have deep tissue release done sometimes due to chroni sciatica..it works wonders, but it is not comfortable. Mostly just try to relax, close your eyes and forget everything else.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You generally strip to just your panties and slip under a sheet on the massage table. You'll be asked if you have any problem areas that need extra attention and then just relax! Oh my! I wish I could go right now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:52 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i know this is dumb but does anyone else ever have to fart during a massage? everytime i go that happens.
    Anonymous

• There all right. You strip down to your panties but they won't have an oppertunity to see a thing your whole body will be covered except for the part there massages. Wear full panties, sometimes when you wear thongs and such the massage the upper part of your a leg a little high and if your sqirmish it will ruin the whole thing... Have fun, I'm so jealous...lol
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 2:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Be open with your massage therapist, let her know if she is massaging too hard or if you would like more pressure. Abdominal massage and gluteal massage are fabulous too if your massage therapist offer it. Draping is the law in America, meaning that your breasts and genitals will be covered at all times even if you opt to strip all the way down for the massage (which i highly reccomend for the best possible massage).
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 2:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'd recommend the full body massage (swedish). Very relaxing. You'll most liekly strip to your comfort level and lay in a warmed bed with a heated blanket on you. At the place I go, they start with you facing up and rub your shoulders and face, arms then legs. Then you flip and they do head back shoulders then arms and legs then back again. I'm taking my mom for mother's day. ALso consider that most palces will have a place for you to leave a tip. Either in an envelope or on a credit card. My husband and I usually do $10, but we're not really sure what proper ettique is for that.
    Anonymous

• they will walk you through it and tell you everything they are about to do

Answer by admckenzie at 3:26 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Thanks everyone, I just got back about an hour ago and it was great! I feel so relaxed now.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 6:01 PM on May. 8, 2009