Has anyone had an abnormal result for the quad screen?

I recently had an abnormal result for the neural tube defect from the quad screening, but i've heard that theres a high false/postive rate for this test. My doctor told me that im a high risk, like 1 in 26. Im scared of course and trying to look at things on the bright side if something is wrong. Has anyone else gone through this? And if so, what did you do? Should I go through with an amnio? the miscarriage rate here is 1 in 200... pregnancy brings stress to a whole diffrent level!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I woul recommend seeking an alternative way to check for the defect, My quad test came back high for Spina Bifida and they a special ultrasound, but if its the only way, follow your doctors recommendations. Good luck!
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 2:40 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I had a positive quad screen also. I was so scared. I did have an amino everything was good. If I had it to do again I wouldn't have had an amino. My husband pressured me into it. Luckily I had a good result. You have to weigh the risk with the desire to know and with what you would do depending on the results.
    Anonymous