DOES IT HURT TO HAVE A BABY?

Josieanna

Asked by Josieanna at 3:13 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes!!! The contractions weren't that bad for me, but my epidural didn't work right and I felt EVERYTHING!! It burns so bad!!! BUT once it's done the pain goes away and you honestly don't really remember. I know it hurt, but it didn't hurt bad enough to keep me from wanting more kids!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 3:14 PM on May. 8, 2009

• With my first one i had an epidural and I didn't feel a thing..is was great. But with my second I had an epidural but I got it too late and I felt everything..YES it hurts and I would never wish that pain upon my worst enemy..that's just my opinion.
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 3:15 PM on May. 8, 2009

• YES!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Ha ha ha. Its the most painful thing I have ever felt in my life!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yeah, duh.

But you won't feel much if you get a great epidural =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• that's a silly but common question
    of course it hurts. it hurts like hell that is why i got the epidural both times
    I decided on an all natural birth my first time. but about 6 hours into i had all i could take. i told them "get that damn nurse in here and bring the needle with her" i was so angry.. once i got the epidural i was happy go lucky and all was right with the world again. i even got sleep before I endured the rest of my 25 hour labor.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:18 PM on May. 8, 2009

• the contractions were the worst part,.when it was time to push all the pain went away..just intense rectal pressurebut when i pushed it fely amazing,.like i was pushing the pain out.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• it wasn't painful for me but just more uncomfortable than anything, yes i had an epidural but it didn't work so i felt evrything
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:22 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Do you think it would hurt to push a watermelon thru a hole the size of a pea?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:28 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Ok so I had an epidural with my 1st...i was young and scared!!! The epidural made me shake and freezing cold. Then with my 2nd I kinda knew the drill so I didnt want the epidural at all!!! Yes it was painful but I did it and when it was over I completely forgot the pain!
    taliankobesmom

Answer by taliankobesmom at 3:29 PM on May. 8, 2009