My son will be 4 months soon and he does not hold up his head! I do the tummy time but NOTHING! he hates it

Please tell me I am not the only one *sad face*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sure you're not the only one, (I can't say I had the same problem, but I'd be willing to guarentee there are others). Continue to give him things to look at. Support his head A LITTLE less than you do, and he will develop the muscles necessary to support it on his own. Does he turn his head from side to side?

While lying on his back, give him things to look at all around him so that he has to turn and look. That will help develop muscles and as he grows he will want to see other things, and look in new directions.

What does your pedi say about it?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:25 PM on May. 8, 2009

• When he is on his back yes he moves his head side to side and I dont see him until next week.
    Anonymous

• Just keep putting him on his tummy, he will get used to it. I didn't have a problem with neck control with my son, he held his head up from about 3 weeks old. I would think he is ok, all kids develop at different rates.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:57 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My daughter is the same way. She goes to physical therapy for something else and they aren't concerned.
    mama2keely

Answer by mama2keely at 5:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i don't understand what you mean, you won't see him til next week?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:03 PM on May. 8, 2009

• she means the pediatritian...
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 5:24 PM on May. 8, 2009