Fireproof movie / Love dare book......

I watched this movie and loved it! While at the bookstore yesturday, I saw the book and bought it. has anyone done the book?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have it waiting in queue from Netflix. I didn't know that there's a book. I'll have to check it out since I like to read the book before watching the movie.
    Anonymous

• i've read the book and it's soo much better then the movie
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 3:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I haven't done the book. You can also sign up for it online. I think it's a GREAT idea, whether you have problems in your relationship or not! The movie was absolutely incredible and powerful!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I saw the movie and found it to be over simplistic and single sided. Why was all the trouble in the marriage his fault? She was in essence having an emotional affair with the doctor, every imagined slight she ran off to her girl friends to complain, no matter what he did it wasn't good enough for her. So no I won't be buying the book.

Most issues in marriage are far more complex than it was portrayed in this movie and unfortunately in most Christian literature. Rarely is the breakdown of a marriage one persons fault and rarely can one person fix it simply by being nicer or more of a servant.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:19 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I loved the movie!!! We bought the Love Dare books for Easter and are doing them separately.

For Annon 3:47 there is a book but I think the OP is referring to the Love Dare a book referenced in the movie!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i loved the movie and want the book :)
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 5:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I saw the movie and thought it was great. My marriage is almost exactly like there's was in the beginning of the movie. My husband watched it with me and I was really hoping he was paying attention and realizing that the lady in the movie was saying all the same things that I say all the time... but nope. Unfortunatly it didn't get to him at all.... maybe something will eventually. As for the movie its great!
    Anonymous