IS THIS TACKY?

Fathers day is next month, and we are Celebrating our wedding anniversary on the 7th his birthday on the 11th and Fathers day on the 21st. He really wants a mini laptop its gonna run around $380.00 is it ok just to get one gift due to the expence? We already are seeing a Broadway show on the 7th, He told me not to get him anything. But I don’t feel that is right. So is one gift ok? Or is it tacky?

raurismomma07

Asked by raurismomma07 at 3:47 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• laptop for his birthday.... something real small on Father's day along with a card. Maybe something the kids can make?
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I would use it as a combined gift for the birthday and father's day and do something more heartfelt for the anniversary.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 3:49 PM on May. 8, 2009

• If money is tight then it is fine. My husband's birthday is this sunday(mothers day) but we cant afford to get either one of us anything. My FIL is taking me and him out to eat on Saturday. That is what we are doing. but it is not tacky at all. it is practical.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• heck yeah its ok.. its 380.00 who has that just lying around???
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:54 PM on May. 8, 2009

• not tacky at all. (btw, my dh's bday IS fathers day... that sucks)
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 3:55 PM on May. 8, 2009

• yeah its fine. you are already doing something for tha anniversary anyway. Get him a laptop for his b-day and then just a card and homemade gifts from the kids for fathers day.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Man... I only spend like ten bucks on presents! lol!
    Anonymous

• I THINK ITS FINE.
    TxPunkChk

Answer by TxPunkChk at 4:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i saved it for a few months
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 5:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• not tacky at all...not when u have a household and children to care for. as a matter of fact for mother's day I asked that the front lawn and the surrounding edge of our home be landscaped. I know our finances and I'd rather the money be spent on making the house prettier.
    mamawilson112

Answer by mamawilson112 at 8:20 PM on May. 9, 2009