Ideal age for Disney World......

My DD turned 3 in Dec. When would the best age to take her to Disney World?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Travel

• I would say 3. As long as she is comfortable with large crowds, and is familiar with the characters I would go for it. My son will be four in August and we are (hopefully) planning on taking him in November.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 3:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I don't want to take my kids until they are around 5 or 6. I want them to be able to remember it. so we have a few years. I have never been myself.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:51 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I would say 7 or 8 because at 3 she won't be able to ride many of the rides also when she's a little older she'll probably be easier to keep an eye on in the crowed. I also suggest going in the winter because there are way less people and it's still warm there ( If you live in the north you'll really enjoy the weather change)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:54 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I would say don't take her until she's old enough to remember it. It costs so much money that there is really no point to take her if she's going to forget the whole trip eventually anyways. I agree with Liz132. 7 would be the earliest I would take my child. They are old enough to remember most of the vacation, they won't be restricted from most of the rides, and they are out of that stage where they can't handle too much stimilation for long periods of time.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:10 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Any age is a great time to take a child to Disney World. Disney World has a lot of rides that a child of any age can ride. there are only a few rides that a child under a certain height can't ride. The rides they can ride outweigh the rides kids under a certain height can't ride. Age has nothing to do with it. I took my daughter at 8 months old. We are taking her again and she is 2 and my son is 6. Take your kids and have fun. Disney is a family place.
    From a Disney Mom. A child will remember going to disney at age 3
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 8:29 PM on May. 8, 2009

• 21

Answer by rkoloms at 11:31 AM on May. 9, 2009

• We are going in July. We have an almost 8 year old, 5 year old, and almost 3 year old. The little one will get lots for free being under 3 (She'll turn 3 in Sept.). This is our first visit so I hope it is fun.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:00 PM on May. 9, 2009

• We are going in Oct. with our just turned 5 and almost 2 year old. I did not want to wait to long for the first trip because I did not go until I was 7 and though it was fun and exciting it had lost the magic. I knew at that point that Cinderella was not really in the castle and that their were people inside the costumes. I plan to take the kids now and again when they are older. If you want I can let you now how it goes. I think when you just have to make different plans for a younger child than an older. I'm not sure what would be the one ideal time. It think their are many depending on what you want to get out of it. If you want a child that is in awe of the magic then younger is better. If you want a partner for all the wild rides than a older child would be better. If you want some free time to yourself then a teen is best.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:18 AM on May. 10, 2009