the bus stop has added a bikini clad woman from h & m and i want to write a response.

i am going to write a response to the bikini poster and tape it to the front of the poster. so many children have to see it and you cant avoid looking at it. the woman is wearing basically nothing. i do not want my children to think this is acceptable. to get people to notice you you have to become a sex object. i want the best response i can give. for example: is this the way you want your daughter to think a woman should get noticed? is by becomming a sex object? or . this is the example you want for your daughter..go ahead honey noone will respect you for your personality ... i want the best i can get.

ummhidaya

Asked by ummhidaya at 3:53 PM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Good intentions! Bad idea :( The letter will be gone soon after you put it up. I'd suggest writng to the heads of h & m.
    nikk1331

Answer by nikk1331 at 3:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Yeah, some high school boy will take that letter down as soon as no one is looking. I agree that you should contact the company and explain your point to see if they would agree to take it down.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Write to the head of h&m, you will get nothing from writing a letter and putting it on the poster. It will be torn down.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm not sure what you're talking about. What's H&M? Are you talking about a billboard, the kind you see on the side of the road? And the bus stop, as in school bus stop? Or city bus? Sorry, but taping up your own note isn't going to work, it will be taken down. And you really can't change a companies advertising (I'm guessing H&M is a clothing company). I say lighten up, a woman wearing a bikini is no big deal, sorry.
    Anonymous

• There's a lot to be said for context when judging a bikini ad. If there's a women in a fairly modest bikini splashing around with friends or family in an ad to sell a swimming pool, well I think there's not much to complain about.

But if it a barley there bikini, and the woman is all greased up, and seductively posing, then I agree that it's of poor taste to put that in a venue that's often crossed by small children (late night television, or a fashion magazine would be more appropriate).

I'm with the others - write the company.

Tell them their "flight planning" (that's choosing when and where an ad is placed) of the ad was poorly done.

Also, hit them where it hurts most - in the wallet, tell them you will be taking your business to their competition.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 6:11 PM on May. 9, 2009