Spin off from "did u get ur lil boy circumcised?"

Since most of you don't know how to answer a question and seem to like drama here is 1 for ya.

For some answering that question it was obvious it didn't pertain to you but felt you needed to spout off at the mouth..... Is your husband circumcised? IF YES, how do you feel about his parents choosing that for THEIR child? IF YES, how does he feel about it? NO or YES does he have any medical issues?

How does another parents choice about circumcision EFFECT YOU directly since you seem to not have an opinion about it, but being judgmental?

If YOU can't directly answer these questions then move on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on May. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree with you, and I even responded to that other post about how basically NO ONE answered her question yet they all had opinions and so the drama began. She asked simple question, got very few simple answers. I agree, how does another mom's choice to circumsise affect any one else? It doesn't. It doesn't have one single effect on the high and mighty ones who think the're way is the only way.
    That being said, my dh is circ and so is my son. No medical issues, and I don't give a crap whether another mom chooses to circ (or formula feed, or vaccinate, or blah blah blah) and they shouldn't give a crap about how I raise MY child either.
    Anonymous

• hostile much?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:56 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Not hostile, did you read the other post and did YOU read mine correctly? Obviously not.

Anonymous

• I circ'd both of my boys and their father is also circ. I have no issues with circ or not circ. If anyone doesn't like my choices for my children, they are free to kiss my a$$.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:58 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My first son was circumcised, his father was as well. This new baby will be circumcised and his father alread is. How do I feel about my SO's parents making that choice for him, it doesn't bother me one way or another. I don't really care. Also, it doesn't bother him that he was or that our son will be. Actually, he supports it. Does my SO have any medical issues? Um no. Does my 4 year old? Nope.

I still think you're a bit hostile. It's a choice every parent has the right to make. Whether you agree with it or not. Who cares if the world believes you or not. What you do for YOUR child is your business regardless of what anyone else thinks.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well diva I'm not as you like to think. I'm really curious to know since there are A LOT of mothers answering that other question that does not pertain to them but feel the need to bash others for choosing that for their own child. You can think that of me if you like, I'll get over it. HAGD.

Anonymous

• i wasn't involved in that other post. my husband is circumcised. i don't find an uncirc'd penis attractive, personally, but i've never been with a man who wasn't so i have no basis for comparison. i don't care if my MIL chose to circ him or not, i would still love my husband anyway. i circ'd my older son, and because i learned about circumcision, i decided to not circ my younger one. my husband is happy being circ'd. but that doesn't mean he'd be unhappy if he had been left intact. circumcision is all he's known. he doesn't have any medical issues, and neither do either of my boys. it does NOT affect me directly, which is exactly WHY i didn't circ my youngest son. i will never be his future lover, and after a few years i will never see his penis again, so why should i alter him to my "preferences" when it will not affect me at all?
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:09 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm not quite sure why circumcision is such a huge deal. The choice has been around for years it's not like it is a new and controversial procedure. Both sides have valid points. My husband and my son are both circumcised. I think that my husbands parents made the right choice for them and we made the right choice for us about our son. Just like everyone else who has ever had a boy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:45 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm glad my husband's parents got him circumcised, and I'm glad I circumcised my son.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Uhm, I don't know what question this pertains to lol. Anyways

No, my husband is not cut. I suppose its because his father is British. It doesn't bother him at all, and he has never had any medical issues..

:)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:57 PM on May. 8, 2009