Early Labour Signs??

So I was induced with my DD at 41 weeks, so I don't know the signs. Besides having contractions or my water breaking.

I am preggo with my second DD and am 37 weeks. Today I have felt intense pelvic pressure, having to pee more than usual, and extremely sweaty/clamy. Plus, TMI, for the last couple of days, I have had diarrhea. Are these early signs of labor? Should I even bother calling my OB? I just saw him the other day. I just feel extremely uncomfortable & don't want to go to the hospital to be sent home. Anyone ever felt like this?

Ari0825

Asked by Ari0825 at 3:56 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would call, i always either called or went in to the hospital i would have rathered nothing be wrong then something be wrong and it be ignored,
    Tearstar

Answer by Tearstar at 3:59 PM on May. 8, 2009

• as far as i know the increased pelvic pressure is due to the baby dropping
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 4:00 PM on May. 8, 2009

• They are signs of early labor. however, just wait it out. I know it is uncomfortable. Just be patient. Count your contractions from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next and keep a list of the times and how long they last. keep your note book with you. you can also experience lower back pain (dull or harsh) the pressure you are feeling is due to lightening. your baby is lowering himself/herself into your pelvis which is causing you to have to pee a lot. you may also experience vaginal discharge. You may also lose your mucus plug and when you lose it, it does not mean labor. it can grow back if labor does not start. so you can lose it multiple times. and you could also have bloody show. which when you wipe you may see blood or it could be in your panties. best advise where a thick pad from now until your water breaks. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:02 PM on May. 8, 2009

• also when your contractions are constantly at 7 minutes apart i would head to the hospital. this being your second baby they do tend to come quicker. I was in labor for 25 hours with my son and pushed for 4 hours but with my daughter i was in labor for 6 hours and pushed 20 minutes.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:08 PM on May. 8, 2009