Does any have any ideas

I have a 13 month old daughter who is severly allergic to milk and all of its proteins I am having trouble finding food that she can have does any have a baby with these problems and have any idea what she might be able to eat?

abbibaileylily

Asked by abbibaileylily at 4:04 PM on May. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Also I dont know if there are Chili's restaurants around you but they have individual menus free of the top 8 allergens. You have to find a manager to get one because most of the wait staff doesnt know anything about them. The corporate office updates them monthly so you always get currrent info.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:53 PM on May. 8, 2009

• My son was severly allergic to milk until he was about 18 months old. What kinds of foods are you looking for??
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:06 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I am looking for anything from meals to snacks. She cannot have anything like popsciles or things that turn into liquid though because she cannot swallow them. I give her cherrios, gerber fruit snacks and twist. Ritz crackers, plain chicken breast, and plain vegtables and potatoes but i know she gets tired of the same things everyday. The GI dr doesnt expect her to out grow it becuase we have already tried introducing it back to her and she has a severe reaction as well as abowel blockage from it. also she didnt have any antibodies on a RASH study that her body had built up. So anything will help.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 4:11 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Just because she hasnt outgrown it yet doesnt mean she wont. Most outgrow it by age 5, but not all. Anyway, we used a lot of single ingredient foods like chicken, hamburger, spaghetti, veggies, fruit. To substitute milk in baking we used soy milk but rice milk works just as well. You can also look up vegan recipes online which are good for cakes and cookies and that kind of stuff. You can always add spices, bbq suace or dressing to the chicken to make them a little different. My son LOVED meatloaf. Try lots of different veggies instead of the same things: squash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus etc. you can steam it until its soft enough for her to chew. Same with fruits there are LOTS of fruits other than apples and bananas, most people dont think of.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:21 PM on May. 8, 2009

• we did scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and oatmeal for breakfast a lot. sandwiches, pasta and chicken nuggets are pretty easy for lunch. usually for dinner he ate whatever I did i just substituted any milk products for something else. He usually has fruit and graham crackers or applesauce or something like that for a snack. There are several food allergy groups on cafemom that have a lot of good info as well.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:24 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Thanks for the ideas I will try some of them we all eat what she can pretty much and we dont keep milk around and she cannot have soy milk or oatmeal. What kind of Chicken Nuggets did you fix because all that i have checked have some form of milk protein in them.
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 4:27 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I bought Tyson chicken nuggets
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:35 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Tyson has not form of milk protein in their nuggets i know that there chicken breast paddies do even there precooked chicken breast has. That would be good if they didnt though that would be somthing easy some days for luches, since i have 3 girls to fix for. When you all ate out were did you go and what did you get him
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 4:42 PM on May. 8, 2009

• I have the tyson fully cooked breaded chicken nuggets in the freezer right now. i just checked the box, no milk prot. My son has multiple food allergies so eating out is always a challenge for us. A lot of places will have nutrition info posted on their websites including allergens and cross contaminations. When you go anywhere you can ask if specific items are milk free, by law they have to have records of the allergens. For the most part I stuck to the basic thinkgs like hamburgers, grilled chicken, steamed veggies, fruit cups, that kind of stuff.
    I wonder why other tyson products would have milk prot? i've only ever bought these chicken nuggets so ive never looked at the other packages.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:50 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Thanks you very much I will have to check some of this out. We have some good resturants were we live but some are rude we do have a Chili's close not actually in our town but we eat there fairly often so thank you
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 5:10 PM on May. 8, 2009